Hello! Today I have the very first card in my Stencil Series. This is going to be a relatively easy card just to get you started with stencils in case you've never used them before.
Here are the supplies you'll need:
- A DIY stencil (or a purchased one). I used my Skinny Lines stencil.
- A Distress Ink pad (I used Spun Sugar). You could use a dye ink if that's all you have, but Distress Inks blend better.
- An Ink blending tool
- Die cuts/embellishments of your choice
- Sentiment of your choice - I used one from
- *Optional* Repositional spray adhesive - you could spray this on the back of your stencil to make it stay put better while you're inking your background
I showed in this video how I inked up my gradient background for this card (start at 4:10):
The gradient inking is great because it gives interested to some plain cardstock, but still leaves the bottom part of your card blank, which makes it the perfect space for a sentiment!
Once the background is inked up, you can finish with whatever embellishments and sentiments you want!
Super simple :) Stay tuned - I'll have more ideas for how to use your DIY stencils soon!